Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
PLEASE DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING EIGHT (8) HOURS PRIOR TO THE SURGERY, except you may have a small amount of clear liquids (e.g. water, black coffee) up to two (2) hours prior to surgery.
You may also use a small amount of water to take any necessary medications during that time, especially if we prescribed antibiotics for you to take one hour before surgery.
Additional necessary medications may include your normal home medications (e.g. for high blood pressure).
If you take routine blood thinners other than aspirin, please check with the office prior to your surgical date for instructions.
If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
REMEMBER – A RESPONSIBLE ADULT MUST ACCOMPANY YOU ON THE DAY OF SURGERY AND DRIVE YOU HOME AFTERWARDS.
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
No alcoholic beverages 24 hours before surgery.
- Wear short sleeves.
- Come dressed comfortably in loose clothing.
- Wear a two-piece outfit.
- No makeup and remove fingernail polish.
- Do not bring children with you.
- Please inform us if there are any changes to your medical history (e.g. new medications, recent illness)
Lastly, get a good night’s sleep before surgery!
Please do not hesitate to reach out and call our office if you have any questions about the instructions listed above.